Monday, January 19, 2009

How To Have an Abundant 2009

Friend, do you want to have an abundant 2009?

Follow Matthew 6:33. Put God first and the Bible says that “all things” will be added unto you.

Can I tell you a funny story?

Last Christmas season, a mother and her little girl were shopping in Megamall. The crowd was extra thick. The mother sternly told her child, “Princess, no matter what happens, hold onto my skirt! I don’t want you to get lost. Hold my skirt, you hear me?” The little girl said yes as she wrapped her little fingers tight onto her mother’s skirt.

Two hours later, the mother was talking to the Security Guard. “Guard, have you seen a little girl holding a skirt?”

There are people who look for the “skirt” of blessings. All they want are the blessings of God. That’s what they hold on to. That’s dangerous. Because one day, they’ll end up holding an empty skirt.

Instead of looking for blessings, look for the Blesser.

When you have the Blesser, the blessings will follow.

The most important decision you can make in 2009 is to put God first.

That doesn’t mean you won’t work anymore or care for your family. If God is “first”, then there must be a “second” and a “third” and so on. I believe family is second. I believe work is third.

But God must be first.

- Bo Sanchez

No comments: