Thursday, February 21, 2008

Leaving soon?

February 21, 2008 Thursday - Hhhhaaay, it's 7:56 am, just came in from outside the house. It's another fine cold morning in Ipoh. I just sent my daughter to school, her excitement to ride the school bus never ceased since day one. She smiles and waves goodbye as the bus leaves. I loaded our laundry to the washing tub, swept the floor downstairs, take out our planned meat/fish from the freezer for it to thaw in time for lunch prep, wash my Avent steam sterilizer and the feeding bottles and if I am too sleepy to proceed, I just go up and slumber back to bed and cuddle my almost-awake honeypunch. I usually wake up around 5:30 - 6 am, still dark as night outside, so it's the perfect time for me to pray and talk to the Lord. Yes, totoo yun, mas peaceful and fervent magdasal sa madaling araw or at dawn (bukang liwayway ba yun) - nakakagaan ng pakiramdam. Thank you Lord for giving me another day, please give me strength, wisdom and compassion to finish all the things I need to do today and perform my role as mom and wife, keep us safe here, bless my family in the Phils and .......... at the end of the day, bring back my daughter and honeypunch safely home. I miss them already.


Just recently, I have overcome my homesickness. I have been home sick since the day I arrive here in Ipoh (Aug 3'07), friends, gatherings and a few trips banishes it temporarily but at night when I lay my back in bed, I imagine our Gen Tri house, my mom, my family and friends, my neighbors back in the Phils. My homesickness slowly faded away by the end of January'08 - took 5 months ey. I now look forward to more "gala", bonding times with my girl friends, our food trips, i-chats, our very late kwentuhan ni manny...etc... Then last Monday Feb 18, sabi ni Manny sa Tesco doing our grocery, "o ney, wag ka na bumili ng toyo/suka kasi hanggang March na lang tayo dito" - that was a whirlwind of a news. Sabi ko lang, "uh ok". Though I knew that we were going home soon, I didn't expect it to be this soon, as in March na, as in now na?

Nag-hang up ako but we continued to finish our grocery sabay bitbit ng pampasalubong, Ipoh white coffee, powdered detergent, fabric softener etc etc - mag-uuwi ako nito kasi mas mura dito. Well, so much for that shopping stuff....

I can still remember when we first arrived here in Ipoh, I knew our lives will never be the same. I was really sad to leave our home in Phils - my close friends know the reasons why. Manny and I are both somewhat clingy to our family, friends, places - parehong bunso yata kami. But, don't get me wrong we're living our married life independently and happily naman. It's just that pag meron kaming naging ka-close, nalulungkot kaming mahiwalay, lalo na yung aming sanctuary (bahay lang yun) - may separation anxiety ba. When we left, there is excitement, anxiety but full of hope. That was August 2007.

After ~ 6 months of living in Ipoh, we're going home. Just when I started having good friends, our weekend get-aways, pasyal dito, pasyal doon, kain dito, kain doon. Kulang pa nga eh, bitin!

I just prayed and I always knew there is a good reason, other than work. Maybe the Lord saw how I miss home (nag-blog pa nga ako last Nov07), how I think of my mom and so afraid of hearing the phone ring and magsabing may sakit nanay ko or what have you, may He saw how I am not so pleased with the schooling here (I really preferred schooling sa Pinas by the way)...etc. etc.

Well, whatever the reasons are, I fully trust on Him as I always did. There are lots of things, especially folks, I will miss in Ipoh, but I can see that when I go home, hindi ganun kalaking adjustment - it's where I wanted to be in the first place. Lagi rin kasing pauwi ang isip, kaya pauwi na nga talaga.

To my close friends, I can't thank you enough guys and gurls. Alam niyo na kung sino-sino kayo. I will definitely keep in touch. Dito pa rin ako magbi-birthday na magiging despedida pala. It was a pleasure to have met you, all the best and I will see you in Pinas! God Bless us all.

No comments: