Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nicole's First Days in school

"All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go ... I'm standing here outside your door.... Already I'm so lonesome ...." haay naku! What a song! I don't know but this song keeps on playing on my mind as I prepare my daughter to go to school for the first time. September 3, 2007 Monday - this is Nicole's first day in school. She entered Kinderland on a Nursery level (4-year old) as here in MY they go by the age of your child for the current year. Nicole is 4 years, 4 months and 20 days old when she went to school.

Bilib talaga ako sa anak ko, even on her first day in school I never saw any sign of fear nor apprehension - very excited and enthusiastic, I should say. She always looks forward to "what lies ahead" in school that day. Ti's the opposite of her mom, I can still remember when I first went to nursery school in Bago Bantay, Quezon City. I'd never, even for a minute, let my mother be lost from my sight. It's good I never have to undergo the same thing for Nicole. In fact, I was the one who has this separation anxiety with my daughter. I knew my week day mid-mornings will never be the same, she's not in the house anymore during this time - and I start to miss her just thinking about it. Good thing, Maqs (my son) is still around to "run around" the house, his noisy, cute giggles is indeed, music to my ears.

Nicole was so excited she asked me to take a picture of her first bag, bought in Jusco mall, Ipoh. It's somehow (but not close) equivalent to SM Shoemart back in Philippines.
Malaysia 2007 097

"Mom, can we go down the stairs now?" Don't wanna be late.... :o)
Malaysia 2007 077

This is Kinderland, my daughter's first school. "Tadika" is a Malay word which means kindergarten, "Taska" means nursery.
Malaysia 2007 003

Nicole Christianne Fabro Martin - yup that's me!
Malaysia 2007 058

"Hello, am waiting for my school bus" - one of the good reasons she's eager to go to school.
Malaysia 2007 057

On the first day, Nicole didn't take the school bus though. I'd like to be there on her first day so Manny drove the 3 of us (me, Maqs and Nicole) to school. School time starts at 9 am, and ends up at 12:30 pm. This is Nicole's classroom, she belongs to Pumpkin class. She takes a sip of water from her tumbler, every now and then - just like mommy. At first, she'd observe her classmates and tries to mingle up a bit with them.
Malaysia 2007 038

This is where they put their bags.
Malaysia 2007 042

Every Monday, there is Water Play session for the kids. Their teacher spends time looking after them and giving each child a bath after - quite tiring I think! Thus, every Monday I would put her swimwear, towel and new clothes on her bag.
Malaysia 2007 051

Hhhmm.... Nicole is bigger and chubbier than her classmates. Obvious ba?
Malaysia 2007 043

OK, here's something I told her. When somebody tries to bully her, do fight back then call the attention of your teacher, isumbong mo agad. At least nakaganti ka na.. hehehe. I guess this is what she did. Well, you can't blame me, we're in a foreign country and I don't like the idea of other kids bullying her, she should be able to stand up and be tough for herself, I won't be around all the time. Wag kang papatalo anak! It's how a mother is - kind and nurturing but tough when it comes to her kids well being and safety!
Malaysia 2007 050

This is the play area, just beside the pool. Maqs enjoyed it here with Nicole's classmates, one of them is Erin Legasto, also Pinoy kid hehehe. If the child doesn't want to have water play, they stay here until the session is over.
Malaysia 2007 045

Nicole's first classmates
Malaysia 2007 047

Hey Maqsi! Enjoy na enjoy ka diyan ha....
Malaysia 2007 049

Wall paintings on the water play area.... Nice lah!
Malaysia 2007 052

Erin and the twins, forgot their names already
Malaysia 2007 046

While Nicole is busy, Mom took a quick tour of the area. This is the restroom area for the kids, bowls are custom fit to cater for the height of the kids. This is smaller than the ordinary ones we have.
Malaysia 2007 054

These are for the boys and wash area as well. Cute sizes...just right for Nicole. They toilet train the kids here, if still needs to.
Malaysia 2007 056

This is the sleeping area for children under the day care program - for those whose parents are both working, the Kinderland center provides bed and cover so kids can have "siesta".
MY 07 029

For year 2007, Kinderland held its Family Open Day in school last November 3.
MY 07 010

They displayed all the Arts & Crafts finished products - all made by the kids during their Arts & Crafts classes.
MY 07 016

Hhhmm.. I wonder where my daughter's work is...
MY 07 012

Hello! Maqs is scared of Mr. Clown but posing pa rin mommy...
MY 07 015

My bundles of joy, tingin naman kay Daddy!
MY 07 020

Nicole with Tito Eric Legasto, Mr. Bear and "Pogi" - Eric's son
MY 07 024

This is at the back of Kinderland, rest for a while kids...
MY 07 031

MY 07 044

Play area in front of the school
MY 07 055

Mommy's little girl in Kinderland
MY 07 058

A pose with Nicole's first teacher, Mrs. Joeginder, a.k.a. "Mrs. Joe"
MY 07 059

Tama ba yan daddy, isabit ang anak sa puno? Maqs on one of the trees in Kinderland, courtesy of Daddy. Pag-tripan ba si Maqs...
MY 07 060

Nicole on her waiting days for school bus, in front of our house in Tasek... She wears this pair of shirt-shorts during her Kinderfit class - similar to P.E. class.
my Nicole waiting for her ride

Joking around with Mom, love you dear...
Lokohin ba si mommy!

Tagal naman dating school bus, hinahantok na tuloy hako....
Hhhhay antok pa!

A bright day, A bright kid! Yes, That's Nicole!!
waiting for her school bus ride

Hope you enjoyed reading!

No comments: